23 October 2005

Sons, Husbands And Lovers

Well one particular one of each, anyway; two mine, one not.

Son, 10, has joined a forum for gamers. This is brilliant. For the first time I see him rush home from school and beg to check his email. Then I sit patiently through 'how do you spell....?' over and over. He wants to write. He wants to spell. He has a passion.

Yay hurray!

Even his school is so impressed that in his reward time before lunch and just at the end of the day, he is allowed to post to this forum of his. Its clean, well managed and it inspires him, and thats all any of us want. Even his bad spelling fits right in, there seem to be plenty of (presumably) older boys in the same boat.

Such is his enthusiasm that another lad in his year, another of the generally less enthused pupils, has also joined and spends his reward time posting to the threads. Herein lies catch 22.

When they both post from school, they post from the same ISP. Today he got a sharp warning from the forum moderators. He stands accused of opening multiple accounts and multiposting, because (very fairly) they figure that the same ISP means its the same person. They have penalised him (taken posting points off him) and a warning is a big step towards being banned. He is gutted.

For the first time ever (because as you know mums, what-mums-say and what-mums-think are mortally embarrassing) he has let me take over the keyboard and send a reply, using his account name, in an effort to clear this up. Sadly it is now the half term holiday, so I can't get school to back me up or confirm their ISP for another week.

Fingers crossed.

Husband - has got the blogging bug! Another big Whoopee! He is over at Wulfweard The White (don't ask - his first post explains it) so please, pop over and say hi!


Finally - I think I bullied poor dear Milt Bogs into posting about his first kiss. You have to see this, please. I challenge ANY female to read that post and not find that the first word out of her mouth is a huge soppy 'Awwwww!". No, really, its perfect, bless his cotton socks. I've gone all motherly. Thanks, Milt!

3 comments:

Altered Memories said...

Wishing for the best with your young man. I hope that it doesn't discourage him too much.

On my way to visit your hubby and Milt...

Unknown said...

My best top all of you, as I figure you endured this together!

fineartist said...

I’ll bet your explanation will be all that is necessary to clear up this confusion, but man, what a drag.

WoW, your man has a blog? I’ll have to go over and check it out, and Milt’s first kiss too. Milt must really dig you Cheryl to tell this tale….I doubt that most men would remember.

Oh wait a minute....I was the one who couldn't remember. I really attribute my lack of memory to the fact that I was sort of a kissy little goofball, not very discriminate with my kisses as a little one, but my first romantic kiss, I must have blocked it, due to the sheer horror of it.