20 January 2006

I Love You Gary!

Shame the owner's name was Chris.

The poor man's pet parrot told him about his wife's affair by saying "Hi Gary" when her mobile phone rang, and by making kissy smoochy noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on the TV.

Here's the article.

Of course this resulted in divorce, and no I am not going to start squawking about who gave who the bird and whether they went up before the beak. I could, but I'm not that tragic.

On the other hand, if that's your style, be my guest......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a truly fantastic story! Shame I can't stand the birds really.

Wulfweard The White said...

Never seen this parrot before in my life, anyway I am alergic to them....

Ivy the Goober said...

Oh my! I'm going to read the story right now. Sounds like a good one :)

Bart Treuren said...

i read this a few days ago.. the fellow passengers in the train thought i was having a fit (it was, but one of laughter :D )

come on... this is a non-story "pur sang"...

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I think the guy is pretty stupid for getting rid of the parrot.
He's on his own now with the next girlfriend!

Badaunt said...

African Greys are amazing birds. I bet it did it on purpose.

The most famous African Grey is Alex - read about him here.

fineartist said...

I am so with writer mom on this, he should have kept old Ziggy.

But, hearing the name of the excrement head your chick messed you over with, ad nauseum would no doubt drive you mad for awhile.

He should have given Ziggy to a friend for TWO years--yep, I believe two years is the time healing magic number--and then whenever he heard the name Gary from the birds beak he would be saying, “Yes, thank you GARY.”

Chep said...

This cracked me up! Thanks for sharing! Maybe she should have stuck to a lover with the same name as her husband.....