Do what you have to do, to come to terms with it for yourself, just STOP GIVING ME YOUR UNWANTED AND UNWARRANTED SYMPATHY. Because:
- I wasnt there.
- England is not the size of an egg cup.
- It was a pretty pathetic bombing as bombings go.
- Its all over now
- Theres nothing we can do to change it
- Theres nothing we can do to make it better
- Brits don't 'do' mourning. We do quiet anger that comes out as crass jokes or excess consumption of chocolate and/or beer
- Nothing makes us ANGRIER than people expressing sympathy, because it implies that we are all wailing and have come to a standstill, or are in shock, and that's fecking insulting. What do you think we are, noncy wooses? Bog off. Take your buckets of tears and pour them on people who actually want to lie down and play victim, which is something we find NAUSEATING (unless they actually happen to BE the victim.)
- If we need a hug, we'll let you know.
So, the next person who feels the need to pick a random old post on here to offer condolences or direct me to a site of prayer, or who decides to email me privately like we're friends or something just because I live within commuting distance of London, well, be prepared. I may be very, very condescending.