1. What passage from the Bible has a big impact on you?
Ooh. Depends what day of the week it is. I have my cynical-analytical hat on today so it has to be 1 Corinthians 13 verse 1 "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal." IF (big if) you accept the bible as pure and literal truth then this says several things.
- The most obvious yet the most overlooked and important is that being multilingual, as in clever, or very spiritual with an ear to the other world and able to converse with angels (which implies an ability to converse on their terms) does not make you remotely equipped to guide someone morally or spiritually. You could be a genius, or the world's best medium, an amazing religious preacher full of the flash-bang obvious gifts of the spirit, even an eminent and highly trained counsellor in any of the 'psycho' fields, but if you are selfish, look after number one, cannot feel compassion or genuine care for people, you are just making noise and no use at all.
- The second thing it implies is the concept of multiple angelic languages. Does it mean clairaudience, clairvoyance etc? Does it mean the communication of God via the Ummin and Thummin, if so the Tarot cards also, whether or not you reach God or a.n.other angelic being via that method?
- Or does it only mean speaking in tongues, and if so doesnt that imply that you may not necessarily be talking to the right angels? I love it, I love anything that throws a curve ball to accepted liturgy, and this does that.
2. One favourite sweet as a kid?
Black Jacks. Eight for a penny, larger than they are now, and handy if you only had a farthing - the cheapest sweet in the shop apart from rhubarb & custard.
3. What are five of your favourite words.
Glutinous, gloopy, erudite, bellicose, exactly.
All good, strong, sing-song words that paint themselves as you speak them and would really suit a Welsh accent, or hammy acting.
4. You are very happy, everything and everyone is perfect in your life, you are feeling wonderful, content and as if you are floating on a cloud. What thought has just popped into your mind?
Aaargh get me out of here this must be Hell. Panic attack. Give me a place where theres something needs doing.
5. What would be your weapon of choice - assuming you had to have at least one weapon for self-defence?
Unarmed combat - my forearm. I would sooner damage someone and know what force I had applied than go through a lifetime of mental re-runs wondering what it felt like to be stabbed/shot and marvelling in complete horror at what I had done and the effect that power had on me. I would sooner use my wrist to push your nose up into your skull than simply shoot you - I need the effort and the physical contact and close quarters to stand a hope of beginning to justify what I had done. I don't even think I could disable someone from behind; it would have to be face to face.
In accordance with the rules of the meme, I need to post these instructions:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “Interview me.” You must leave your blog address so I can think of good questions for you!
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. I’ll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
I hope somebody plays!