12 February 2005

Bottom Burps

I have just had the most hysterically funny response to my last post, thank you bubblehead.

However (someone correct me) only something like 1 in 10,000 humans produce methane in their wind - its an abherration. Of course several questions remain unanswered.

1. What is 1/10,000th of the world population and is it more or less than the number of cows on the planet?

2. How much methane is produced by a methane producing person in relation to the wind of a cow?

3. Should we forbid methane producing humans from having strictly vegetarian diets?

4. Am I /are you one of the chosen few whose flatulence is contributing to global warming?

Number four, at least, is easy to resolve. Take one lighter. Light said lighter. Stand up. Bend over. Fart.

If you blow a singed hole in the carpet - rush off and eat a cow.

1 comment:

Steve said...

In answer to your questions in the order in which you asked them
1)No idea
2)I would think that considering the average life span of a cow is about 5 or 7 years that even if it produced massive amounts of methane in those years it would be hard pushed to compete with 70 or 80 years of flatulent person
3)I think that is a little harsh. I think the fairest idea is to limit the vegetarians from dispensing the gas except in licenced collection points
4)I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me
I hope this helps your survey