14 February 2005

Terri Schiavo: Terri Schindler-Shiavo

How dumb am I - I have only just spotted this. And what the hell is wrong with American Law? Why, when one partner in a marriage needs a guardian, is the other marriage partner even allowed to be sole guardian? This denies the individual all of their rights related to divorce and separation without the say-so of the other. Guardianship in such cases should be shared.

If you want to upset yourself, go to Terrisfight.org and scroll down a bit, to the petition to remove her husband from his place as guardian. Or click here. Its stomach churning reading. I can only go by UK law, but I cannot believe a document such as this could be put together without absolute proof. Its disgusting reading and I am not sure that I am free to say in public what this makes me think of her husband.

reredrumebdluowdnarebburgyenomnwapsllehllabemilsdratsaB

Apparently. For starters.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I must say, you have a way with words!

I agree 100% as well. What a mess, and what a cad.