05 February 2005

HEEELP

Anyone surfing past this who can view the source and tell me which colour code relates to the horrible illegible grey that the links in my posts seem to be will earn my serious gratitude.

I've found the right red (for every khaki there is a 'right red') but spent ages previewing in the template page and managed to change the colour of just about everything but the links mid-post (see Telecom Plus / The Utility Warehouse, two posts down)

Purleeeeease pretty please? Anyone?

3 comments:

ShellyS said...

That link shows green on my end. What you might need to change is the color of VISITED LINKS. From your template, there are 3 link colors (Link, Visited Link, Hover). Since you've probably visited that site, it's showing as the color for visited link:
THIS IS THE LINK COLOR
a:link {
color:#684;
text-decoration:none;
}
THIS IS THE COLOR FOR VISITED LINKS, WHICH WILL SHOW ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY CLICKED ON THEM
a:visited {
color:#996;
text-decoration:none;

THE COLOR OF LINKS WHEN YOU HOLD THE CURSOR OVER THEM.
}
a:hover {
color:#c60;
text-decoration:underline;
}

Cheryl said...

Shelly! Sister Chocaholic! So embarrassed at how fast your site visuals have blossomed, as we were 'new' at about the same time. Hey some have just got the gift, I guess, and I'm not one of them.
THANKS - will play tomorrow :-D

ShellyS said...

heh. I learned because I spent a few hours nearly every night for a couple of months, or so it seems, just experimenting. The Blogger preview feature makes it easy. And I also created a blog just for playing. I've tried out a half dozen of Blogger's templates there, just so I can fiddle. And there are still a few things I haven't figured out yet. :)