I try to never copy the 'other half' on blog memes.
I'm not sure if that stems from a need for supposed individuality, or whether its because the culture on the blog circuit he uses encourages people to help themselves, not to tag, whereas I like to be invited!
Still, She Weevil and Stegbeetle have now both done the following list and made an excellent job of it, so I am magnanimously ignoring my childish sense of being snubbed by Husband (who knows I love memes and couldn't even be bothered to tell me he'd found this one), and joining in the game.
There ought to be 100 questions, but a few have disappeared. If you google for the text of the very first question, you will find the list in its entirety and I can tell you that the missing questions are aimed at kiddywinks and not real adults - stuff like 'Where can you imagine yourself being proposed to". I guess I could have tweaked that to read 'indecently proposed to' and put it back in the game, but, nah.
Tag yourself, please, but let me know in the comments so I can come and see:
1. Name one of your scars. How did you get it?
Little half moon dip on my left cheekbone from a punch. Well it wasn't the punch, it was that it swelled too fast afterward and the skin split.
2. What is on the walls of your room?
No pictures in the bedroom at all if that's what the originator meant by 'your room'. Husband's bloody awful 1970s painted mirror dominates the living room. Round in my computer corner, here, I have a wallmounted flat screen, a calendar and pictures done by the kids.
3. What does your mobile phone look like?
It doesn't, as I don't have one.
4. What music do you listen to?
Radio 1 all day.
5. What is your current desktop picture?
Nothing - its the plain blue. The rest of the house is way too cluttered so this is my calm corner.
6. What do you want more than anything right now?
A day off from answering questions, the fate of wives and mothers.
7. What do you miss?
Being able to go out of the front door without marshalling the troops or getting their approval or scheduling around their needs/activities.
8. What time were you born?
I forget. I don't think I was clock watching at the time.
10. What ended your last relationship?
Far too many things ended it before he even left, but I'd have to say the final act was him trying to throw me out of a window, failing, landing me back awkwardly and breaking my toe.
11. Do you get scared in the dark?
Yes. I get scared in the daylight too; if there's something to be scared of. Otherwise no.
12. The last person to make you cry?
97 year old Ellen at her husband's funeral yesterday.
13. What is your favourite cologne/perfume?
Elizabeth Arden Red Door
14. What type of hair/eye colour do you like on the opposite sex?
I have to guess a man wrote this, what a visual question. I mean who gives a toot what colour his eyes are?
15. Do you like painkillers?
When in pain, yes.
16. Coffee or energy drinks?
Coffee. Energy drinks are carbonated. Carbonated drinks do slow but bad things to your bones.
17. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Pepperoni with extra chillies.
18. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
Sherbet orange water ice
19. Who is the last person you made mad?
20. Do you speak another language?
So people tell me. Generally they start with a question that begins "Are you speaking....".
21. What was the first gift that someone ever gave you?
Stupid question. I think you got a free nappy in the hospitals in those days.
22. Do you like someone?
23. Are you double jointed?
Disconcertingly flexible but no, I can't touch my wrist with my thumb and understand that's the test
24. Favourite clothing brand?
25. What is your dream car?
a crushed one - no exhaust, no petrol, no damage, no noise. Kill the cars.
27. What do you think of marriage?
I think it protects people if they are both well meaning and honest, but can be too easily manipulated to be a trap for one person.
28. Would you fall in love knowing that a person is leaving?
Right, so the author of this list thinks falling in love is a conscious choice. Interesting.
29. What is the best way to tell someone how much they mean to you?
That depends on them. I guess the best way is to love them enough to find out their 'best way' and use that.
30. Say a number from one to a hundred:
yeah ok I said one - now what?
31. Blondes or brunettes?
32. What is the one number you call most often?
there are three - husband at work, my mum, my big daughter
33. What annoys you the most?
I am an equal opportunity grouch.
34. Have you been out of England?
Yes, and they even let me back in.
35. Your weakness?
No time for fools. No, I guess my weaknesses are fear and comfort - same as everyone else on this earth.
36. What was the last gift you received?
Husband brought me home a bar of extra dark, bitter chocolate.
37. First job?
Trainee Quantity Surveyor
38. Ever done a prank call?
Yes. Used to ring up enquiries from a phonebox and ask how far it was to Timbuctoo, on a dare. Hey we were all ten once
39. What were you doing before you filled out this form?
Getting young daughter ready for a trip out
40. If you could get plastic surgery, what would it be?
I'd have husband taller and slimmer (hehe)
41. How many times have you been in love?
I really can't think!
42. What do you get complimented about the most?
43. What would you do if alcohol became illegal?
Get used to it and learn to be even sillier whilst sober.
44. What do you want for your birthday?
No idea at all.
45. How many kids do you want?
I've got four and that's my lot
46. Were you named after anyone?
No. They wanted a name that couldn't be shortened. I was nearly called Rosemary but mum couldn't bear the thought of me being known as Rosie
47. Do you wish on stars?
48. Which of your fingers is your favourite?
I would have to say middle right - the 'perch and rotate' signing finger
49. When did you last cry?
Apart from the snivel (12) above, my last full, swollen faced, irrational, sit-back-and-watch-yourself 'wtf is going on' end of the world scenario was all afternoon one day two weeks ago when Husband was away on a training course.
50. Do you like your handwriting?
Yeah its OK, but like breathing, if I become conscious of it then it changes.
51. What is your favourite vegetable?
Onions, no, garlic, no onions. All varieties of edible allium.
52. Any bad habits?
No. They are all charming quirks.
53. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf?
I don't have any CDs because I so rarely buy any as I am married to a typical male with a record, cassette and CD collection that would take three librarians a year to catalogue. I guess the easy answer is anything of his that I don't like. Or maybe the Pinky and Perky Pop Party CD. I might have to force daughter to keep that in her room.
54. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
If I was another person I'd have different ideas of what makes someone nice, so without actually being them instead of me, I wouldn't have a sodding clue about that, now would I.
55. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
Yes, very frequently in my 'youth club' years, when swearing secrecy seemed so easy up until the other party's reasons why I should tell became so pressing.
56. Do looks matter?
Yes definitely. Not the fat/thin, fashionable/rich sort of looks, but if ever someone has really hurt you, try noticing someone else similar without feeling wary before you even speak to them
57. How do you release your anger?
Creatively when possible, but when stuck indoors with kids, etc, usually by frantically playing mind numbing cards on Windows, or washing up faster than Superman.
58. Where is your second home?
Under a tree just above the White Horse, Frog Firle, looking out across the river valley to Alfriston.
59. Do you trust others easily?
Yes, too easily.
60. What was your favourite toy as a child?
61. How many numbers are in your cell phone?
Zilch, zero, nada, zip. No phone.
62. Do you use sarcasm?
Now is that a clever question?
64. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
Had to look it up, but hell yes - no good going to see a really good band if you can't get close enough to make faces at them and find space to dance.
65. What do you look for in a guy/girl?
In? Brains, backbone, heart and guts would be a good start.
66. What are your nick names?
Chez, Shez, Shelle (I HATE that!!!), Chug. I don't like any of them.
67. What is the most pain you have ever experienced?
Thats relative. Physical pain?
68. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
69. What was the last thing you spilled?
A cup of tea when I stirred it too hard this morning.
71. What's the last furry thing you touched?
Someone else's dog while I was out just now, a 'Rough Collie'. Amazing; so much fur on it that it looked like an anorexic lion.
72. What are your favourite colours?
All of them except the awful, dreadful, dark blue green that next door has painted her front porch and that I have to stare at out of my kitchen window every time I wash up, which is, like, about six times a day.
73. What are your favourite bands/singers?
Waterboys, Kirsty MacColl, and I like a lot of the new stuff.
74. How many wisdom teeth do you have?
75. Do you want everyone to answer these questions?
Yes. Enough to spend an hour retyping this to get rid of the block capitals in the questions.
76. Who are you listening to right now?
Husband has the TV on, greatest songs of the seventies (yeah, I know!) but at least its not football - he just has this mental block; in his world the TV button is his alone on a Saturday afternoon. I think the band is Cockney Rebel. Well I know it is, I just asked him, Lord help us.
77. Last thing you ate?
A single square of Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate.
78. The last person you talked to on the phone?
79. What is the first thing you notice on the opposite sex?
Bum, shoulders and height.
80. Favourite thought provoking song?
Whole of the moon.
81. Favourite thing to hate?
People who cough or sneeze or yawn without looking away or covering their mouths. Especially on the street or in a bus.
82. Favourite drink?
83. Favourite zodiac sign?
84. What is your favourite sport?
Winding men up
85. What is your hair colour?
86. Eye colour?
Two, two brothers.
89. Favourite month?
Bloody hell all this trying to push us into camps. No preference, they all have their merits.
90. Do you like sushi?
Don't know, as husband doesn't like fish. I like smoked salmon if that counts.
91. Last thing you watched?
Cinderella Story movie on the TV this morning, with the kids. For about five minutes.
92. Favourite day of the year?
The first hour of New Year's Day. All clean slate, wishes and hugs and high hopes, preferably under a clear, inky blue sky with all the stars out. That's nice.
93. Are you too shy to ask someone out?
I wouldn't know
94. Summer or winter?
95. Kisses or hugs?
Depends who with, what for and all that. Handshakes. (lol)
96. Relationships or one-night stands?
97. Who is most likely to answer these questions?
You tell me
98. Who is least likely to answer these questions?
I guess this was originally an intra-office email then, when people could be expected to know who you were on about?
99. Biggest fear?
It being too late. I don't want the end of my life to be like that moment in a restaurant when as soon as your order is placed you absolutely know you wish you'd chosen a different thing and now there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
100. Is anyone in love with you?
So I am told.
20 May 2006
I try to never copy the 'other half' on blog memes.