How was it for you?
Over the past ten days I have acquired:
- A skirt from George at Asda, a gift. My first new skirt in 20 years (honestly, I sat and worked it out; because I'm not big on skirts). Its too big.
- A pair of jeans. I've bought jeans more recently but otherwise double ditto (Asda, no receipt, too big).
- A truly lovely disc shape necklace, mother of pearl
- Two lots of antibiotics
- A headache, a tooth infection and a sore throat
- A new understanding of my adult family and my expectations of them, aka the wool rather crudely ripped from my eyes. Warning: do not take three generations of females from the same bloodline and lock them together in a small terraced house for ten days; ever. There might be a book in this, provided I am prepared to be cut off. I am drafting right now, just on that premise.
- A new understanding of myself although this is one of those mists of recognition that is still seeping into my id rather than arriving as a solid package of information.
- Reading glasses - two pairs. They both suit me, adding an air of severity/intellectualism which was obviously missing from the public image hitherto. I may have to go and be a CEO or a corporate genius now, just to validate these little face ornaments.