07 April 2006

Ta-Ta For Now (And Happy Easter!)

Off to my mum's at some unearthly hour tomorrow morning - will try and get online but can't guarantee.

So far, in the tradition of all family jaunts, its all gone horribly wrong - kids are overexcited and argumentative, Big Daughter who is travelling with us and eventually stopping the night has had to keep her plans flexible - so flexible that I am currently doing her laundry instead of my packing and have no idea if or when she will join us for dinner tonight, or if Husband and I will actually get to a) sit down or b) eat.

It doesn't help that I can't think for love nor money, unless that thinking involves something which could be categorised as pure, unashamed procrastination.

I may get online at mum's but can't guarantee, so just in case I'll wish you all a Happy Easter right now.

Thought for the day: Don't traipse round your house practically starkers but for a thick layer of Immac on your legs unless you have already fed the cat....

17 comments:

Greg said...

Happy Easter, babe! All the best to you and yours.
So does Immac work on cats?

Ms Mac said...

Happy Easter to you too! Have a great time away!

Doris said...

Happy Holiday and Happy Easter. I hope it all works out in the wash and you get to the station on time! Hugs

jane said...

Have a safe trip & a very relaxed Easter. Hope your visit with your mum is a wonderful one.

Le laquet said...

Hey, here's to chocolate eggs/bunnies and hair free legs/cats!

Ally said...

Happy Easter to you, too! Hope the immac was for cats with sensitive skin :).

Badaunt said...

Have a lovely time!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Have the grandest time, no worries and no problems. Enjoy yourself and find some spring!

fineartist said...

What would travel and family festivities be without everything and I mean everything going horribly wrong? Heheh. I feel ya.

Ding dang grown up kids, just kids only bigger and more opinionated. Of course, that could be said for me too, a lot of the time.

All the fuss and horror of the preparation makes seeing mum even sweeter I suspect. Hug her neck for me, okay? xxx, Lori

fineartist said...

Oh and I'll bet that your cat is the most hairless tongue around.

At first I didn't realize what Immac was, we call it Nair...wonder why? I do see that it rhymes with hair but still?

fineartist said...

Has the most hairless tongue, ye gads, that's it, I am grounding myself from further commenting!

ella m. said...

Hope the trip goes well and Easter is happy !

Miss Cellania said...

OK, i gather from the comments that Immac is like Nair... now I can laugh! I think it would be fun to see the cat's hair fall out a bit, but I would have to bathe him afterwards.

Tip I learned: Remove your mascara BEFORE applying Nair (or Immac).

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Ah! Miss Cellania solved the mystery for me.
What about hairballs, though? You might be on to a new cure.

Again, I hope you're having a good time surrounded by family.

And now, I'm off to read my kids the new children's Bible sent today by my mother-in-law, camoflauged underneath mounds of candy. Easter IS about Jesus. I can deal. He'd have dealed, right?
Happy Easter.

Bart Treuren said...

you too, my dear... enjoy yourself and DEFINATELY don't forget to feed the cat at the right times...

(if you need tips, read "The Cats Revenge" by Claude Ballz)

The Library Lady said...

Okay, so did the cat's fur fall out or did you gain an extra layer on your legs?

Hope you had a great Easter!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, belatedly, and thanks for the hot tip!