24 April 2006

Sometimes My Brain Goes Tiddly-Pom

If you were displaying diamonds, what setting would you use? Navy blue? Black? Maybe velvet to stop any light reflecting from anything but the jewels themselves?

Funny thing is, the same treatment just wouldn't work for grit or plastic, in fact, the darker the background the more the dirt of life and the false gems fade from view. They become less obvious, less irritating, less likely to fool us.

So, good morning to all you wonderful huggable, thoughtful and caring and tired souls out there. I know life is shitty. I know the backdrop looks pretty dark and grim. I also know this has its compensations, because, from where I stand, you're sparkling; some are even giving off rainbows and it's breathtaking.

I hope you can see it too. Have a nice day!

11 comments:

Greg said...

*sighs* I wish, when my brain went "tiddly-pom" it would come up with things like "from where I stand, you're sparkling; some are even giving off rainbows and it's breathtaking."
I don't know what we've done to deserve you, Cheryl, but if anyone among us is sparkling it's you!
Thanks for that, I can feel my heart warming already!

Doris said...

Awwww - I felt that. Thank you :-)

And I echo the Steg :-) I just didn't want to embarass you!

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Tiddy-pom. Gosh I haven't heard something that musical for ages. You're sounding very chipper dear. Forgive me if I say that you're sparkling like the subject your write about. :)

This post was one lovely smile.

Miss Cellania said...

Thats about a sweet thing to say. Made my day! Have a great one yourself!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

That was very sweet of you.
And also, a little odd.
Jack came up with the idea to plant a rainbow garden in the backyard, which is what we'll be doing today.
I shall dedicate the project to you, and send the image across the sea!
Have a great day!

Ally said...

Your lovely, Cheryl. Really needed this this evening!

Cheryl said...

Funny story - blogger was showing Nil comments all day, then wham, all six just showed up on hotmail like a cascade. Just this minute, and now here they are.
I mean wow.
I just got my own private light show :-)

Doris said...

Awwww and I get that nice warm fuzzy feeling all over again!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl. Thanks for the co-comments idea - I like! :-)

fineartist said...

Tension is thick, people all over are flipping out either internally and attempting to keep it from showing or down right letting it rip out from every poor on their bodies. You have turned the tension escape into rainbows and, um, I like it.

Multi colored rays suit us far better than splintering shards looking for a place to fall.

Tomorrow I’m looking for rainbows, tomorrow because I am looking for them I WILL see them too.

Xxx, Lori

Doug said...

Tiddly-Pom

I can't get that phrase out of my head. It just has a cute ring to it.

I'll be saying that at work tomorrow:

"Oh it looks like the whole database system went Tiddly-Pom." ;p