So its Monday morning.
Today we will host:
- The electricians, come to finish carving track for new sockets into the kitchen walls.
- The tiler, come to tile something. Could be kitchen or bathroom, but if its the kitchen he's going to be out of luck, today.
- A plumber to mend the slow leak under the new sink that's been occupying my teatowels since early Saturday morning
- A refrigerator engineer come to see my 4 month old larder fridge which has stopped working
- A gas man, because one of the electricians is sure he can smell gas at the bottom of the meter cupboard
- Delivery men from the local electrical goods shop, because we bought the new fridge from them so they have raided the MD's office and lent us her (much smaller) fridge for the weekend so we didnt lose the Sunday roast etc. Please God, they will be able to come and take it back, as its a lifesaver but slap bang in the middle of my tiny kitchen, blocking access to half the drawers and base units.
Update: Having consigned this post to the drafts whilst the electricians changed the fusebox, now I come back to complete it there are a few updates.
- Electricians: grand job. Back tomorrow to fit extractors int he kitchen and bathroom, then thats them all done.
- Tiler: a dissappointing no-show, so far.
- Plumber: came, saw (or rather failed to see) and left ne with instructions not to mop up but to let it leak and he would be back this afternoon. Obviously the inference was that I was making it all up just to cast aspersions on his workmanship, so as the tiny puddle was visible again five minutes after he left, I coralled the electricians as witnesses.
- The refrigerator engineer crept in when the front door was open, and got to the job without introducing himself or announcing his presence, so it was quite creepy to bump into him. It needs a new condenser, It can have it NEXT Monday. Right.
- Gas Man couldnt smell a thing and left, but not until he had volunteered to make sure the boiler would fire back up and cracked the housing in the process.
- Delivery men: GOD BLESS CLEARVIEW LTD! They say I can keep the spare fridge all week. Talk about service.
Gosh, we made it.