I'm not awake yet. I refuse to castigate my own mind for the way it was working this morning, as it tried to make sense of the avalanche of information. Here are a few of the thoughts it considered:
- Clear plastic bags; like when you sit school exams.
- Blimey that was a close escape.
- West London? They mean Southall.
- At least maybe they mean airport employees; cleaners and people with back door keys.
- Oh so it wasn't necessarily planned for today, then?
- We've been through this before.
- So why has the news been on the same subject for a solid hour?
- Anyway I can kind of imagine the politics/rationalisation/fervent frustration behind a plan like that.
- I wonder if its true.
- I wonder how long its going to take Blair to use this as a way to hurry ID cards or get more powers for himself.
- I wonder if this is all for show and he's banking on people agreeing to anything sooner than having to queue and give up their mobile phones.
- I wonder if I should stay glued to theyworkforyou, or to the inside pages of the papers, to see what they'll try and slide into law /generally get way with while we're not looking........
*Even the BBC website is making full use of inverted commas, it seems.