20 February 2011

Temporarily Pink

The blog is back. It is pink. I actually quite like it.

There have been so, so many times I have considered re-opening, wondered whether my more peculiar readers have long forgotten me, or whether those who know where I live are now convinced I will never blog again. So many times I have had something I wanted to share, or something I really wished I could get off my chest.

Facebook has been a lifeline, or a sideline, I'm not sure which.  If I made any real friends through blogging, found myself invested in anyone's future and wellbeing because of their friendship in this medium, then I've managed to make links with 98% on FB. On the one hand I have a window onto their situations, a place to chat or just wave; on the other hand it means I haven't stepped back out to read their blogs or continue with the depth of understanding that that a log/ public diary offers. I've known my friends were OK, so I've become lazy. Sorry.

I imagine that most people I ever knew here have moved on or across, also, and never read blogs these days, or if they do, at least not this one.

Still, first post done. Ice broken.

No comments: