Yesterday I learned that:
- There are three farms and between Bishopstone Village and Denton.
- The one nearest the coast is not really a farm any longer but stables.
- The one on the brow of Rookery Hill, where you can see for miles, has a very gentle and indifferent herd of brown cattle.
- The one down into the valley, nestled in beside the ancient village church, is owned by a proper gentleman, a Mr White, who is very welcoming and will allow locals to ignore the official footpaths and simply cut across his land wherever they will; so long as they respect it; a wonderful piece of information which is very slightly tainted by the fact that
- his cattle are quite possibly possessed.
I no longer feel like quite such an idiot for making a stiff and sudden u-turn in the middle of a meadow, under the gaze of a dozen sleepy cottages and two dozen large and very dissaproving cows.
One other thing I learned - if you start to import your blog to your facebook notes, posts are uploaded retrospectively, and it goes back an awfully long way.........